The candidates who meet the eligibility criteria for admission can apply for these courses. Candidates desirous to join Pre-Sea Residential Training will have to apply to GOMA on the prescribed form; the application form can be downloaded from website or can obtained from the office.
The candidates should submit completed application form along with the following.
MODE OF SELECTION:
Upon collection and scrutinizing the applications, the Panel Board of Glance One Maritime Academy (GOMA) will issue a letters to the short listed candidates. Candidates are short listed on the basis of marks obtain in the qualifying examination.
Short listed candidates are advised to report at the Academy. The candidates have to undergo Test (Written or Oral) or both. They will be tested on the basis of their attitude and aptitude towards seafaring profession, ability to communicate in English, general comprehension and seafaring background, if any. Glance One Maritime Academy reserves the right to select or reject any candidate. The Panel Board is not bound to call an applicant for interview or to assign any reason for rejection.
The candidates who qualify in the final test will have to undergo medical examination by doctors authorized by DG shipping India. Selection will be confirmed only if the candidate is found to be medically fit for sea service. Once declared medically fit candidates must take admission by paying his course fees, failing which the seat will be offered to the next candidate as per the merit list.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION:
Deck & Engine (GP Rating)
Note: Incomplete Application will be rejected
1. Proof of Age (Copies attested by gazetted officer) – 2 copies
2. Final Examination Mark sheet / Certificate (Copies attested by gazetted officer) – 2 sets
3. Copy of the Passport (if available) (Copies attested by gazetted officer) – 2 sets
4. Notarized copy of proof of Indian Citizenship (I.e. Ration card / Election Commission of India/ Identity Card, etc.) – 2 sets
5. Latest Passport size color Photograph – 5 nos. (In formal wear). 6. Latest stamp size colour photograph in formal – 2 nos.
7. Original Medical Fitness Certificate.
8. Eye Sight Test / Colour Vision Test Certificates.
Any suppression of truth, miss-representation of facts or submission of false Certificates will result in cancellation of admission, forfeiture of fees and shall be punishable as per the law.
Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Removal from Academy for all Pre-Sea Courses
Cases of major indiscipline will be a cause for rustication from the Academy. Minor offences will be dealt by the Principal and warning letter sent to parents if considered necessary by the Principal.